Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Crazy week holy cow! Where do I start? Our washer is broken. We have been calling the emergency maintenance guys for the past week and we only got them in here once to diagnose the problem. So we've had to give our laundry to a member to wash. While we were walking back from the leasing office trying to get someone to come look at our washer, Elder Mangus decides to climb up the side of the stairs, jumps off the railing on to the platform, and then falls over saying quietly but pretty forcefully "Ow, ow Fetch that hurts, ow!" It turns out he broke his foot from jumping off that 3 foot railing so he has a boot and a cane for 6 weeks. We now have a full time car as well. We have decided that we would definitely rather have bikes than a car because the car just adds levels of stress to your day for some reason. Oh and we got towed the same night we got the car. So yeah.... Things were pretty rough last week. But they're looking up! We are probably going to pick up a very solid Brazilian investigator on Thursday, who has been coming to church regularly the past month or 2 and has been loving it. His name is Adam I might have mentioned him I can't remember. The main problem there is going to be the language barrier. I guess I'll start praying for the gift of tongues this week haha. We are also going to hopefully start teaching Marc Daud any day now. It sounds like he wants to take things really slow though. The struggling family we've been working with is having really big  problems. The dad left and all we can really do now is comfort and share messages with the mom. It's really frustrating to see that, But it strengthens my testimony of how living the Gospel brings families closer together and helps them over come the challenges and roadblocks that come. (Helaman 5:12)

Thank you for the protein; hopefully I get it today! I need to make sure I get up and work out in the morning now that we aren't biking all day, or I'm going to get faaaat. All in all I'm doing fine, It's been hard but I'll make it. I think if I just really buckle down and discipline myself our days will go better and won't feel so long. Thanks for all you do for us Mom!  Hope you aren't too stressed!

Love you!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment