Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2 letter

Contacting has gotten a lot easier. You just gotta do it. We are finding a lot of people. We have started to pray individually and together to start finding people ready to hear the Gospel, and after that our teaching pool got really big. It's very exciting. It's funny that you talked about charity too because that is what we've been trying to focus on. I've also learned that charity is a gift, and that it can only be truly gained after "praying with all energy of heart"

I have been feeling very discouraged since yesterday. I've found that the more people we find that want to hear our message, the more people we find that hate us. My patriarchal blessing said to ask you guys for prayers and faith on my behalf. Could you guys please pray for me? For protection from evil and harm. I have come to know for a fact that God answers prayers. And after reading these emails I feel prompted to ask you guys to build your faith and ask God to help you. I read this in Jacob 2 last week.  
18 But before ye seek for richesseek ye for the kingdom of God.
 19 And after ye have obtained hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches, if ye seek them; and ye will seek them for the intent to do good—to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry, and to liberate the captive, and administer relief tot he sick and the afflicted.
My testimony is growing so fast. You can't put a limit on God. Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you.
I miss you guys. I love you and hope things get better.
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment