Saturday, December 10, 2016

Happy December!
The problems never seem to end huh? Do you like the new job so far?  I still can't decide what I'm going to do when I get home. Going to Montana seems like a really good idea honestly. But I also can't decide if I should just get my EMT and hop on an ambulance. I guess I'll just figure it out when I get home.

The pressure cooker is legit. We can make a big batch of soup that lasts us a week+ in less than an hour. What I've found though is that the end of the day I've been having super intense cravings. Like it's almost scary how much I'm craving something and I have no clue what it is. I went through two big boxes of Ritz crackers this week just because of the cravings I've been having. I bought a big bag of apples so I can hopefully appease myself with something healthy. I've been feeling pretty good lately besides that thought. I think I'm losing weight too which is a nice change. You'd think biking everywhere all day every day would make me pretty skinny but I gained weight in Temecula. Right now I eat a protein shake (with spinach, bananas, peanut butter, and milk) or an omelet and a banana for breakfast, and soup for lunch and dinner (if we don't have a dinner which is rare). We put black beans, lentils, cabbage, carrots, leaks, onions, potatoes, celery, and chicken in our last batch of soup. We need to make another batch and it'll probably pretty close to the same mix up but we might add sweet potatoes, because we have two of them in the fridge. So Elder Mangus bought the pressure cooker so I'll have to buy another one but they only cost 30 dollars at Wal Mart, and ever since we've been making soup I have had a pretty good amount of money. So I'll probably just go buy one when he leaves. He'll probably leave on the 13th.

The most Interesting thing that happened this week was the Christmas concert. It was pretty good. Definitely not as good the third time. But they had their best performance on the third try for sure. They had some technical difficulties on the first try and everyone kept botching their lines and playing the wrong music on the second try. The third one (which had the biggest crowd too) went pretty smoothly. We went on exchanges this week and on exchanges we ran into this guy who wanted to talk to us. He told us about all this stuff he had learned and found on his journey to find God. It was interesting because everything he said lined up with the Churches teachings. It was just a testimony builder that the church is true and is built off revelation. I tried to show him that we believe the same thing and he should check out our Church and he seemed like he might at least read the Book of Mormon, but we didn't pick him up as an investigator.  Maybe I could have been more bold but who knows.

Love you!!!Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment