Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Woo Christmas is this week!! I got your packages and holy cow! So much food. Our pantry literally can't hold it all. It's nice to have some food though so thank you! I saw the new car and it looks pretty cool. Like a classic Colorado camping car. I'm glad your job is going well! That's cool that you'll have Mondays off. I sent you guys something and it sounds like that lady texted you about it. So hopefully it gets there before before Sunday, but I don't know if that'll happen.. I'm pretty excited for Sunday, though! We have Church at 11 to 12 but we aren't going over to the Curtis's until 3. So that's like 4 for you right? Does that work? 

The new companion is good! We have been getting along pretty well. He's one of them Utah Mormons. Obsessed with Utah; going to go to BYU Provo but doesn't know what for; LOVES Disney movies. He's pretty much the exact opposite of Elder Mangus. But he's a good guy so we've been having fun. I do miss Elder Mangus though. I'll get over it though. And yes I bought a pressure cooker. We are definitely still figuring it out. Our soup turned out really tasteless. I don't know what to do to make it taste better. Maybe cook it for less time? Interestingly enough I have not given a single talk on my mission. Apparently just after I left Lake Skinner they started having the missionaries give talks there. Oh did I mention that Elder Talbot is the one who replaced me in Lake Skinner? So that's interesting. The work's going good. We have not been able to teach Robert (the Scott). He hasn't been answering his phone recently. I'm not sure what it means. We are giving his phone a rest for a bit. We just set up an appointment with Johnie Cropp though who is pretty much converted and ready to get baptized. Bishop just wants her to come to Church twice and get to know some people. It's been hard though because she has had to work two jobs and on Sunday. She has this Sunday off though and we can meet with her finally on Tuesday.So things are looking up! The week in general was pretty slow because I got sick and we had to stay in. But me and Elder Talbot got to get to know each other pretty well so it was good.

Well i have run out of things to say.
I am super excited for Sunday!
Merry Christmas!
Love you!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment