Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Letter August 31, 2015
Hey mom, It's P day. I miss you guys! But I'm also having an awesome time. My district is great.  We're growing pretty close which is good because 5 of us are all going to Carlsbad, including my companion. The district by the way is 4 girls and 6 guys. so 2 sister companionships and 3 elder companionships. My companion is a total nerd. He gets kind of anoying too but we're learning to get along. We also tend to butt heads when it comes to preparing lessons. In fact it gets extremely frustrating sometimes. But the other day we managed to pull it together and actually did a really good lesson together. We just have to find the balance between us and i think it'll work out.He is a lot better at doctrine knowledge than i am, but i feel like i am able to relate and connect to people better so we decided that he leads the lessons, and i slow it down and relate the lessons to the investigator. I'm studying hard too because I want to fix that weakness of mine. We get pamphlets of every lesson and I'm trying master them so I read them a lot. I also read my scriptures at least once a day. I also am getting a lot more interested in talks now. Well at least one. We watched a talk given by Elder Bednar, and it hit me hard. I think you guys should watch it, its called the Character of Christ. He gave it on a Christmas morning at the MTC. Super powerful. I don't know if I'll be able to write another letter, I don't have much time so make sure John and Rachael know that I'm really grateful for the rolls and tell everyone I miss them! Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment