Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Letter - September 13, 2015
Hey! Finally done with week 1. I got put inside Carlsbad, Woohoo! It's a biking area so I need to buy a bike. It's so hot and humid. I've been damp ever since I got off the plane. But I guess we came in the middle of a heatwave. It feels pretty good today so maybe it's leaving. Something I should of told you when I was in the MTC is that I got sick. So I've actually been sick for like 2 or 3 weeks and it got worse when I dropped all that altitude. I'm on an antibiotic right now.

You can't mail directly to me. Mail everything to 
Elder Justin Sherwood
Carlsbad California Mission
451 W Bobier Dr.
Vista, California 92083-1906

My companion's name is Elder Anderson. He's got a super low voice and he doesn't talk loud at all. He's not that fun either. He's ok though; he's teaching me a lot. The ward seems to really like him, though. Oh and we get fed almost every night. So the ward's great. The 2 new restaurants I've been to haven't been impressive.We went to In and Out Burger, was a pretty mediocre burger as well as super stale fries, and it's funny because people were telling me that I HAAD to try it because its SOoooo good but I think every burger joint we had back home was better than In and Out. Then we went to some Mexican place, I don't remember the name. Got this bowl full of rice and chicken and beans and pico digio or whatever, but it was really plain and tasteless so eh. These members gave us these homemade enchiladas, however, and they were amazing. 

We can go to Lego Land!!!!!!!!! We were going to go today for a district activity but we couldn't find passes in time so we have to put it off until we can find some. Just gotta do it before they transfer me to Oceanside or something haha.

We have taught 3 lessons so far. 1 was with this couple named Taylor and Jake, who are super friendly and open minded. Jake talks a lot so we didn't really teach them a lot but we got to share a video, and it went pretty well. We see them again tonight. The other 2 were with April who is a single mother with 2 kids. She's really nice and just kind of wants to know that God is there and cares about her. We also see her again tonight. We have a couple other investigators that I haven't met yet. We don't tract in this area. We contact, which is just talking to people on the streets. So no door knocking but I don't know contacting is pretty rough too. I hate feeling like a nuisance, but I'll get over it I guess

Well that's all I got.
Love you guys!
Miss you!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment