Monday, September 21, 2015

We took these on a hill above the beach. The pens are from a guy in a ward. He makes custom pens out of cool wood and bullet casings.I thought Chris and Dad would get a kick out of them. The small one is an oil vial. How sweet is that?













I'm feeling better now by the way. And yea I just dealt with it on most days. Ran and everything. One day I convinced him that I needed to take it easy so we didn't run or bike. But yea I'm better now. I am destroying my clothes. I've already ripped 2 pairs of socks and a pair of slacks. It got caught in my bike gears.

Did you get that photo in a text? Because I wasn't sure if you could or not. I couldn't get pictures in texts. I saw you got another one from the Hansens. We actually haven't eaten with either of them, but we visit a lot of members in a day. We don't tract, (knock on doors), we contact (talk to people on the street), and we work through members. Wards that actively work with missionaries and are missionary minded easily baptize twice as many people per year. That means they invite their friends to church, activities, etc. They also come to lessons with us. Having members present at lessons is a HUGE part in conversion. So one of our main jobs is going by member's houses and seeing what we can do to help them become more missionary minded, or basically ask them who they can invite and what they can invite them to do. We just committed one of our investigators to baptism! She's going to get baptized on the 17th of October. She is awesome because as we've been seeing her we have been successfully able to get her to stop doing drugs, quit smoking, and quit drinking. It's really cool to watch her faith grow. 

I'm out of time. Love you guys!

Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment