Monday, December 7, 2015

December 17, 2015

My companion. His name is Elder Peterson, he's been out 9 months, and he's from Ohio. He's ok. He doesn't work as hard as Elder Anderson did. It's also been kind of hard to teach with him. Oh and he snores very dynamically, and very loudly. I've been sleeping on the couch all week. I'll survive though.
I'm kind of stressed right now because I'm in charge of the area. I have trouble planning and sometimes I feel like I'm wasting time. I find a lot of strength in prayer though. I feel the Spirit guiding and helping me a lot recently. I'll survive. I feel bipolar. I keep going in this extreme pattern of stress/anxiety, to being super happy and full of joy. I've also cried more times than I probably ever have in my life. But I'm ok with it because usually when I cry it's because I have to dig deep emotionally and afterwards I feel stronger so I think it's just all part of the building process that the Lord has planned for me. 

I have a special request. Can you guys pray for this lady we are teaching? Her name is Jennifer and she is the nicest lady I've ever met. She's about your age and she has 4 daughters. Her husband had a heart attack and I think it caused some brain damage. They are non-practicing Jehovah's Witnesses and when the accident happened they didn't really get any support from them. Also when people in that religion leave, or even visit other churches, they get shunned and they come down very hard on them. She's been part of that religion her whole life and it's very hard for her to take this step. So please pray for her to have the strength and confidence to make this change in her life. If there's one thing I've come to know, it is the power of prayer.

 Well that's all I can think of right now. I forgot my camera sorry I got emailed a picture I'll forward to you after this though.
Miss you guys! Hope you're having a good Christmas season!

Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment