Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21 letter

Merry Christmas! I got your box, Ken and Monique's box, a big cardboard envelope with a smaller envelope with a card from Grandma and Grandpa Weber, a card from Gma and Gpa Sherwood, and a letter telling us about El Nino.

So we are going somewhere at 10 (11 your time) and 5 (6 your time.) Do you know if all the family wants to join in on the call? I mean just like Grandma and Grandpa, Ken and Monique, John and Rachel. Let me know if more people want to join the call or come over, or what you want to do. 

I'm feeling better.

Missionary work is going good though. We're finding people and Jennifer seems to be building a lot of faith. I think she's felt the Spirit. 

Some random guy in a white van drove up, asked how we were doing, said his daughter was going to BYU and gave us a big box of expensive chocolate. Then a random old couple saw us and gave us a ride up this pretty big hill. It was the weirdest day. 

This transfer has gone by very quickly We're already half way through. I feel the Spirit teaching me a lot. And it's been leading me pretty much every day. I know for a fact that I couldn't do this without the Spirit. I probably couldn't find anyone, and my teaching would be atrocious. Any success that has happened on my mission is because of the Spirit. On multiple occasions we've arrived at places with perfect timing. Sometimes it'll even be right after someone was thinking about us. Something I've learned is that faith is an object of power. God works through faith, and miracles and priesthood power are brought through faith. I've also learned that faith is a principle of action. Faith without works is dead as the scriptural saying. So to build faith or even maintain faith we have to do things like pray sincerely, study the scriptures, go to church, and attend the temple. That is how we receive revelation, and in turn build our faith. Following the commandments is how we qualify for the Spirit, and through the Spirit we receive revelation. That is my sermon for today haha.

Anyways, hope you guys aren't too bored. Did you guys see Star Wars yet? Maybe that will make this Christmas season more exciting. 

I miss you guys, and hope you do have a good Christmas
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment