Tuesday, April 11, 2017

H Mom!

We managed to find some dinners this week, Our ward is microscopic. Probably part of the reason. Yeah we'll probably have to eat on our own a bit. I haven't in awhile but I want to start again.

When you put it like that a semester break sounds really nice haha. I;m still not sure and I don't think I could talk to a counselor. I don't remember what I need either. 

Yeah I've come to accept that aches and pains are a staple of life. I feel pretty good though. I'm really just trying to lose this belly fat. Nothing's really working though so I think it's just that I don't have the time right now to do the things that it takes. I've stayed at 193ish pretty much my whole mission. 

Yeah the Holy Ghost is super cool. Especially this transfer for some reason I've gotten so many promptings that have led to either potential investigators or being able to help someone. On Tuesday we picked up a new investigator because in planning I felt like we should go to the Coopers. We picked up James there who is having some pretty bad addiction problems. We gave him a blessing and since Tuesday things seem to be falling into place. He is in the process of getting insurance and is also is starting with an addiction counselor. We also had a really good 1st lesson with him on Saturday. He seemed to really understand the need for a Restoration and recognized how the timing of us finding him was a miracle. He commited to read the Book of Mormon. He didn't go to church though unfortunately. We are also working with an 8 year old foster kid who has a potential baptismal date for the 22nd of this month. We are probably going to have to get permission from his Mom though even though he's a foster child. We're also working with another 8 year old named Jaylene who might be a convert baptism but we're not sure. She's in the custody of her Grandma who is a less active lady who has been recently coming to church. They're all pretty quiet except for the great Grandma Toga who is pretty loud, mainly because she's deaf. She's hilarious though. We scheduled an appointment with a lady named Amanda Myrick, who we've been trying to meet with for awhile, on Tuesday. Hopefully that will stick. After we set that up we found this kid who told us his Mom was looking for a church. We told him about what we do and gave him a pamphlet so maybe that will materialize into something. 

That's pretty much all the cool stuff that happened this week. Last P-day we went to the batting cages at a place called Mulligans. That was kind of fun and different. 
I think that's it though!

Love you! 
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment