Saturday, April 8, 2017

Yo
I really enjoyed conference. It got me like pumped up to go work, which is something that I haven't felt for awhile. I liked the morning sessions of Saturday and Sunday. I can't remember much from the afternoon sessions. The last 2 speakers in conference though both were General Authorities that have visited the mission while I've been here. I don't really remember Holland's talk. I remember Eyring's talk in the Priesthood session and I remember both of Uchtdorf's talks. Those were probably my favorites. 

Got the food box! Thank you! We survived last week. we only missed 2 dinners. This week is a different story. We have nothing until Sunday. Our WML sent out a thing on Facebook or an email or something asking people to feed us. So hopefully we get some. We're payed though so we should be ok. 

I haven't told you about Elder Adams? My bad. He's cool we get along. He had a rough companion last transfer and is kind of recovering from that I think and he's a little discouraged about the size of our ward, so it's a little hard to get him out the door. But it's good. We're finding potentials and we're probably going to baptize this super solid foster kid. The families we had are being really lazy right now, (or they're super busy haha) but all in all it's good. 

Yeah I got contacts. I'm still trying to dial them in. The last pair I got didn't fit my eyes right so I had to go in again. They're going to ship me two brands this time to try out. It's gotten pretty easy to put them in and out though. 

My calendar says I'll go home on the 30th. So classes will have already started for a day. Does that mean probably not? If not it would be a good idea to get that intern spot, and maybe go work with dad until the next semester. Or something.

It's been a good week. Like I said, none of our investigators are really going anywhere right now but we keep finding people that say we can come back. So that's cool. It's actually really cool because each time it was like a prompting to go knock on a door. I also got to see April yesterday! I had her add you on Facebook; did you get it? She came up to the Valley for a dinner with her boss so me and Elder Anderson met up with her and we chatted for a bit. Nothing much else happened. We walk in this area and it makes the days kind of go by slower I feel like. We're going to Mulligan's today to play mini golf and do some batting cages. That should be fun!

Love you! 
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment