Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016
I'm leaving!!!! 6 months have come and gone and I'm finally switching areas haha. I'm really going to miss this ward though. Lots of great people. The bishop here is so awesome, he fits the role perfectly. He's an older guy who served as a mission president in Austria and he's super spiritual and loves everyone and is the best story teller ever. I'm going to miss April a lot too. I hope she continues to stay strong in the Gospel. I'm being transferred to the Lake Skinner Ward in Temecula. What I've heard about it so far is that it's super flat, no trees, and ridiculously hot. But Temecula apparently has a huge Mormon community. 1 out of every 20 people. That's really big. My new companion's name is Elder Sharp and I'm leaving tomorrow at 2pm. Oh so I know this because they changed the transfer procedures. When I first came we did transfer meetings. Everyone getting transferred went to the mission office in Vista (the place you mail stuff to) and President Kendrick assigns new companions from the pulpit.  We also sang some hymns, heard the people leaving bear their testimony, stuff like that. They did away with that after my second transfer, though. Now we just go straight to our new area. Kind of interesting. I think they didn't want the members to have to wait around at transfer meeting. But, yep, oing to go die of heat exhaustion in Temecula! Sounds great! Just kidding.  I really am excited. 

I'll go take a picture of the outside of the apartment for you. Might not get a chance to send it to you. We did get the door fixed. So we all have our laundry. Anything else? I can't think of anything .Not much happened this week besides transfers. April bought me a notebook that was nice. She bought me a tie awhile ago too. I'll take a picture of that for you. I'm trying to set goals to improve myself physically and spiritually. Well it's more of an activity for self improvement I found in a talk Elder Peterson gave to me. It said to write down 1 thing you shouldn't be doing but are, and 1 thing you should be doing but aren't. I did it twice though, so my two things I wrote for shouldn't be doing are talking bad about others and not keeping the schedule (wake up 6:30, studies at 8 out by 10 etc.) The things I should be doing but aren't I put eating better and thinking positive. So I'm going to put those things somewhere I can see them and then pray for it every day and try my best to overcome those things. I also need to focus more on others and the work. We had a goal of 101 baptisms as a mission and I realized that I was really good at praying for that goal at the start of the quarter but I've stopped somewhere along the way. So I need to get better at sustaining my prayers. I need to work on a lot of stuff geeze... 

Oh yeah so on Saturday the zone leaders called and actually said I was going to Escondito (which is pretty much the ghetto area) and then a couple hours later an AP calls and tells me I got switched to Temecula. It's been getting up to the 90s in Carlsbad haha. I'm going to die. T__T

Anyway that's all I got for realsies
Love you guys!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment