Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016

I knew they'd win. I'm gone and can't watch, of course they'd win. I'm cursed.

The work seems to be picking up here right before I leave. Which I probably will. 6 months seems to be the max people stay in this area. I'm going to miss this area but I kind of feel ready to leave.

I'm a little stressed. David hasn't come to church in 2 weeks and we are worried that we pushed him too hard. We are going to go over this week and see if we can figure out how we can help him. Maybe slow everything down a bit. Did I tell you about Aiyana? April's daughter's friend? She has been taking the lessons and really wants to be baptized but we can't seem to get her to Church, which is a problem because church is a requirement for baptism. We also haven't been able to meet her mom yet which we really need to do as well. I'm going to miss the crap out of this family. I hope April continues to grow stronger in the Gospel when I leave. And I really hope David doesn't go less active...

So yeah. stressed. 

We're  meeting with a senior in high school on Wednesday who came to church with some girls from our ward on Wednesday, so that's some good news. But it's complicated because he lives in C3's ward boundaries (we're C4). He's going over to the Holdaway's house and we're probably going to teach him the first discussion. But if he's legitimately interested it will get complicated, because he lives in C3 but all of his friends are in C4 and he might not want people going over to his house it sounds like. So yeah.. complicated. We told the sister missionaries and they are like desperate for people to teach, so we don't really want to take away from their teaching opportunities and all we really want is what's best for him. It doesn't really matter to me which ward he's in as long as he's happy and can get the support he needs. So that also adds to my stress sort of.

I'll let you know next week how stuff starts turning out.

Love you guys!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment