Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016

Dang that Brussels guy's a stud! I'm glad he's doing ok. That's crazy it's still snowing that bad there. It's been in like the 90s up here haha. Easter was good.  We ate with the Lombardi's.

The week was pretty slow to be honest, though. We had 3 or 4 people tell us they were going to come to church and didn't show up. We seem to have some pretty solid people that we're teaching but we can never meet with them. So we're getting kind of frustrated. Hopefully things will start slowing down and we can start getting people to commit. This is week 6 of the transfer. This transfer is actually 7 weeks long as well because the MTC switched their English speaking missionary training length from 12 days back to 3 weeks because the influx of missionaries has died down. So they added a week to this transfer to compensate. But yeah, we're probably both going to be staying. Elder Sharp's only been in this area 1 transfer before this one so I doubt they'll ship him out that fast.

This week is going to be interesting. We are completely out of money and we forgot to bring our dinner calendar to church and we don't get paid until Thursday haha. So yeah we don't have any dinners scheduled this week. Hopefully, we will be able to fix that.

How are you talking to Grandma and Grandpa?

I have found that you have to show God what you are willing to do for him before he builds your faith. Take me for example. I had a very shaky if any testimony of the Gospel before my mission. But I was determined to use my mission to find out for myself if it was real or not. So I showed God that I was willing to act. Because I was willing to act, he blessed me with spiritual experiences and my faith and testimony grew, and the doubts that I had were answered. Now, I'm not saying that you have to serve a mission to develop a testimony, but I think you do have to put in effort. Sincerely reading the Book of Mormon and then praying to know if it's true for example. When I got an answer about the Book of Mormon, a lot of my doubts and questions were answered.

I gotta go.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment