Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13, 2016
Things are good here. Kind of slow. No one came to church. We had a cool lesson with Angelita though. We taught her the Word of Wisdom and she's already living it. So that's cool. We have some referrals that aren't that solid but hopefully something will happen with them. I'm starting to lose weight again I think. I don't have a scale but I feel skinnier and I can play ball longer. So I think I'm doing something right. I am super tan huh? The family who took that picture was just visiting town and we ran into them on their way out. They said to come by the family they were staying with so maybe something will come from that. I am starting to feel that I really need to learn to be patient and content with what I have. I think without those qualities I'll never be satisfied in life. And by content I think I mean more grateful. It's kind of like this scripture in Alma 29.
O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump‍ of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come‍ unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
 I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they be unto salvation or unto destruction.

The work is slow and it's frustrating, but God's plan is perfect not just for me but for everyone, and it's selfish for me to try and rush his plan. I love the Book of Mormon. I know it's true. I don't know why it's so hard to get people to see this but I just got to have faith and trust in God's plan and it will all turn out ok.

Oh I forgot to tell you last week. Someone parked in our spot so I parked somewhere else and we ended up getting towed. I ended up having to pay for it so I had to take like 220 dollars out of my account... So it sucks. 

That's all I got.
Love you!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment