Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016

Hey, sorry this is late.  We had a zone activity today so we did that first and now we're emailing. We went to this big mansion and it was pretty sweet! The main house looks like the White House and it has a lake in the front yard that you can go boating in, and a big rec center building, which is where we spent all of our time. The thing had an indoor basketball court, racquetball court, a ping pong table, a pool table, a couple dart boards, some gym equipment, an above ground pool filled with balls, an ice cream and soda machine, and a pool. I played basketball most of the time though. It was pretty fun though.

We went to the temple on Thursday. It was a great experience. I got to do initiatories instead of the endowment session because I had gotten a pair of pants that was way too small so by the time I got it all figured out I was too late for the session. So me and Elder George (another guy who missed it) went and did initiatories, and getting to hear all the blessings in there was really empowering. I feel a lot more confident in myself and in God and it's really refreshing. 

We haven't made much progress with the people we've been working with but we picked up 2 new investigators this week, and both of them want to involve their families so we might be teaching two families which would be awesome! Of course I might be leaving next week so I might not get to see anything happen. Oh the Mahoneys who know the guy in search and rescue came to church yesterday for the first time! So they made a step in the right direction. I love that family.  It would be really cool to see them accept the Gospel. 

That's all I got. 
Love you guys!
Elder Sherwood










No comments:

Post a Comment