Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6, 2016
It's going pretty well. it hit over 100 twice this week so I'm about ready to head back to the beach. This week has been ok. We set up a bunch of appointments with new people this week but none of them have panned out. We have one today and tomorrow that will hopefully work out. We also have an FHE that Mike is going to go to. So that'll be fun. I've almost finished reading the New Testament so that's cool. I'm in Hebrews 11. There are a lot of Christian radio stations out here and we listen to a couple. Every time one of their preachers comes on and starts talking about something in the Bible it literally just strengthens my testimony in the Restored Gospel. I learn more from an average speaker in Sacrament than most of these preachers. One spent like 6 minutes just talking about this verse that says they went up to Jerusalem. He went on and on about how you never go up to Jerusalem because it's on the top of a mountain. "SO REMEMBER You go UP TO Jerusalem or DOWN FROM Jerusalem" The Gift of the Holy Ghost is so essential in preaching the Gospel it blows my mind. Anyway enough of my rant. I wish I had more to talk about.Haven't taken any pictures in awhile, sorry about that. I'll try and find some stuff to send.

There was a pretty big fire over here too. It lasted like half a day and only burned trees I'm pretty sure but half the city was filled with smoke and ash.

Love you guys!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment