Wednesday, June 21, 2017

June 19, 2017                                                                           

Hey mom!

Getting to your letter early today!
I just missed her haha. I went on exchanges in French Valley when I was in Lake Skinner. That sucks I wish I knew that a year ago!! Escondido is probably the least nice place I've been haha.

I lost the magnet to my nametag. So I'm waiting for a new one. Hopefully it got here this week. 

So I am in Escondido. It is the Mexican part of our mission. Most of the people that I've seen only speak Spanish or broken English. Our ward boundaries are huge. The third largest in the mission. We do have a car but it's only for administrative (DL stuff and p-day) use. We only get 300 miles a month so we can't really use it to proselyte. Despite all that though it hasn't been so bad. We have a baptism this Sunday and we picked up a pretty solid investigator that we are going to teach this Wednesday. The girl getting baptized is Sarah, an 8 year old who lives with a less-active stepmom and a non-member dad. She's a convert baptism because her real mom is a non-member. Neither of her current parents go to church though which is the incredible part. She decided to go on her own and has her grandma pick her up every week and take her. She is such a reserved kid though haha. I think she had a rough childhood because she is very reserved and careful about things. Our apartment isn't as nice as our old one but at least it has air conditioning. Someone also set up a sound system that goes all over the apartment so we get surround sound pretty high quality music playing. This is the first area however that I've had to pay for laundry. And it's flipping nuts too, 6 dollars every time I have to do laundry. I should be ok though. This ward is way better about feeding us though. We have all of this month filled up and next month filled up. On Saturdays we eat lunch and dinner at the Edmonds, who are the people I went to the Safari Park with. They're crazy. The parents are returning to activity and the mom might be a recent convert, and they have four 17-20 year old girls there who are not really religious at all. And some of them have boundary issues..... So we stay there all day Saturday and also go over Monday night for FHE. I kind of feel like it's a little much but my companion is pretty adamant about it. 

That's pretty much everything going on in the area. being a DL is kind of stressful. I struggled through my first DM but they assured me that it went fine for my first time. I have another one tomorrow. I think this one will be better. I also have to keep tabs on all the district and their investigators. I also take numbers at the end of the week. That's about it really. Not very exciting. I don't really enjoy the mantle it puts on me.

We're going to go ice skating today as a district though! That should be fun!

I don't really need anything right now.

Glad to see everyone's doing good. 2 More months!!!!!!

Love you!
Elder Sherwood

No comments:

Post a Comment